Richard Haile married Elizabeth Edmonson some time about 1764; they had eleven children before his death. Elizabeth was the daughter of Richard and Priscilla (possibly Levell) Edmonson; she was born ca 1746 and died between 1791 and 1799. After the death of Richard Haile, Elizabeth married second, as the second of his three wives, John Craighead. Later, John Craighead’s daughter Jane married Elizabeth (Edmonson) (Haile) Craighead’s son James Edmonson Hail.
The children of Richard and Elizabeth (Edmonson) Haile were:
1. John HAILE. Born before 1765 in VA.
2. James Edmonson HAIL. Born in 1766 in Bedford Co VA. James Edmonson died in Lawrence Co TN, on 6 Oct 1826. 1820 census: Lawrence Co TN, p 10. James E Hail. 000010/00010. On 2 Oct 1786 James married Jane CRAIGHEAD, daughter of John CRAIGHEAD & Jane MAXEY, in Bedford Co VA. Born abt 1764 in VA. Jane died in Lawrence Co TN, aft 21 Aug 1849. In addition to a possible son, Archer Hail, who was in Lawrence Co TN in 1820, they had the following children:
i. Elizabeth (ca1788-<1849)
ii. John A (ca1790-1852)
iii. Nancy (1792->1850)
iv. Sarah J (ca1795-<1820)
3. Sarah HAILE. Born before 1767 in VA. Sarah died in Mercer Co [W]VA, ca 1810.
4. Martha HAILE. Born before 1769 in VA.
5. Molly HAILE. Born before 1776 in VA.
6. Elizabeth HAILE. Born before 1777 in VA.
7. Lewis HAILE. Born ca 1775/1780 in VA.
8. Richard HAILE. Born before 1780 in VA.
9. Powell HAILE. Born before 1783 in VA.
10. Francis HAILE. Born before 1784 in VA.
11. Stephen HAILE. Born ca 1784 in VA.
© 2009, Kathy Alvis Patterson
 Will of Francis Haile, Bedford Co VA, page 371: Dated 5 December, 1775. Lend unto my wife Adara Haile all my personal and real estate during her life and after her decease to be equally divided except two beds amongst my eight children as follows, Richard Haile, Stephen Haile, Lewis Haile, Elisabeth, Mary, Ruth, Ushely, Mourning. My son Lewis Haile shall have one bed that I made use of for my own lodging and my daughter Mary one good or next best bed with the furniture. Note this my will is they shall have an Equal Share of all besides such as Money or whatsoever else. Executors: Stephen Haile and Lewis Haile. If my son Richard does not take in his Bonds one for 75 pounds the other for 8 pounds by paying the money or other satisfaction my Executors is to take the matter and collect and distribute according to this my las will and Testament. Witnesses: Jonathan Pratt, George Bowles, Barnabas Arther. Proven: 28 August 1780 by oaths of George Bowles and Barnabas Arthar. Executors: Stephen Haile. Security: Barnabas Arthur and James Ayres. Liberty being reserved the other Executor named in said Will to join in the probate when he shall think fit.
 1784, Bedford Co VA. Will probated in Bedford Co VA, Jun 1784. Guardianship of his children. Further documentary evidence is available at See author: Michael Sheppard, email@example.com, “Genealogical events for Richard HAILE, at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~shep/shep/I885.html, 18 Dec 2005.
 EDMONDSON, Richard, living in Franklin Co VA, ca 1786 according to personal property tax lists. His estate was appraised 3 Dec 1788 and his Will named wife Priscilla; sons, Richard, James, Humphrey; daughters Elizabeth Craighead, Polly, and Cochran; and two grandsons, Thomas and Samuel Edmondson. I believe he also had another daughter Milly who was the wife of Robert Kemp, married in Franklin County, VA, 1786. Was Milly the daughter of this Richard Edmondson? Were there other children of Richard Edmondson and his wife Priscilla? Who were the parents of Richard Edmondson? Seeking any co-researchers of these allied families – KEMP and EDMUNDSON. Robert Kemp and Milly (Edmondson) Kemp were my GGGG Grandparents. Edward E. Mills, firstname.lastname@example.org.
 Marriage bond, Franklin Co VA, 3 Apr 1786.
 Marriage bond, Franklin Co VA, Oct 2 1786.
 Sources for his service are needed by this writer.
 Settlement with the Executors of JAMES E. HAIL dec’d. Recorded 10th July 1829.