Samuel Webster was born Goochland County, Virginia, 10 Apr 1749, the son of Nathaniel Webster and his first wife, Margaret Powell. He died Franklin Co VA, 24 Jan 1823. He was buried in the back yard of the home place, west of Rocky Mount VA.
He was married in 1770, Powhatan Co VA to Susannah Bagby.
Susannah was born in Powhatan Co VA, 3 Nov 1750, the daughter of Henry and Susannah Bagby. She died in Franklin Co VA, 12 Oct 1823.
Samuel Webster was the owner of a grist mill. During the Revolutionary War, he gave money for the military, Virginia Historical Magazine, Vol. 24, p. 328/329.
In 1810, Samuel and Susannah were in Franklin Co VA, p 306, Samuel Webster: 00101/10101/4; children still at home were Reuben and Deborah, while the girl under ten is unknown. In 1820, they were in the same place, alone, Franklin Co VA, p 167, Samuel Webster: 000001/00001.
The children of Samuel and Susannah Webster were:
1. Susannah WEBSTER was born on 28 Jul 1771 in Franklin Co VA. On 7 Jan 1788 or 18 Dec 1788, Susannah married Edward BILLUPS in Franklin Co VA. He was born between 1760 & 1770 in Botetourt Co VA. Edward died in Putnam Co IN, in Aug 1848.
2. Nancy WEBSTER was born on 3 Mar 1773 in VA. On 20 Jan 1797, Nancy married Joseph PRICE.
3. Jane WEBSTER was born on 25 Dec 1775 in Franklin Co VA. She married John Bagby WEBSTER, son of Luke WEBSTER & Sarah BAGBY and her first cousin. He was born on 13 Oct 1772 in Franklin Co VA and died in 1833.
4. Samuel Bagby WEBSTER was born on 16 May 1777 in Franklin Co VA. He died in Parke Co IN, in Sep 1836. On 14 Feb 1801, he first married Sarah BILLUPS in Franklin Co VA. She was born in 1781 in Franklin Co VA. On 23 Oct 1809, Samuel second married Betty A BURNETT.
5. Elizabeth WEBSTER was born on 22 Dec 1779 in Franklin Co VA. On 12 Aug 1800, she married Henry WEBSTER, son of Luke WEBSTER & Sarah BAGBY and her first cousin. He was born in 1775 in Franklin Co VA and died in 1854.
6. Daniel Bagby WEBSTER was born on 3 Aug 1782 in Franklin Co VA. Daniel died in Clay Co IN, on 11 Nov 1859. On 25 Jan 1803 he married Rhoda ARTHUR in Franklin Co VA. She was born ca 1782 in Franklin Co VA and died in Clay Co IN.
7. James WEBSTER was born on 17 May 1785 in Franklin Co VA. James died in Fayette Co IN, on 1 Sep 1850. On 25 Jan 1806, James married Martha HENDERSON in Franklin Co VA. Born on 25 Apr 1783 in Franklin Co VA, Martha died in La Porte Co IN, on 11 Nov 1861.
8. William Charles WEBSTER was born on 27 May 1788 in Franklin Co VA. On 10 Nov 1807, he married Elizabeth REYNOLDS in Franklin Co VA.
9. Mary WEBSTER was born on 21 Aug 1791 in Franklin Co VA. On 29 Aug 1809, Mary married Francis MOSS in Franklin Co VA. He was born on 18 Nov 1787 in Franklin Co VA. Francis died in Putnam Co IN, on 4 Nov 1854.
10. Reuben WEBSTER was born on 27 May 1792 in Franklin Co VA. Reuben died in Parke Co IN, on 8 Jul 1857. On 26 Sep 1816, he first married Mary MILLER in Franklin Co IN. She was born on 20 Nov 1798 in Franklin Co VA and died in Powhatan Co VA, on 20 Feb 1832. Reuben second married Susan MARKS. She was born ca 1796 in Franklin Co OH. Susan died ca 1835. On 30 Jun 1836 when Reuben was 44, he third married Mary NEVINS who was born on 20 Nov 1798 in Franklin Co VA.
11. Deborah WEBSTER was born on 11 Jun 1796 in Franklin Co VA. Deborah died in Putnam Co IN, on 22 Nov 1836. On 19 Oct 1815, she married Greenville Person TURNER, son of Wilson TURNER Sr & Elizabeth DOSS, in Franklin Co VA. He was born on 15 May 1797 in Franklin Co VA. He married second Rhoda Fields, born 20 Mar 1806 and died 12 Jun 1885. She was not a niece of the first wife, Deborah, as has been sometimes claimed. Greenville Person died in Putnam Co IN, on 8 Oct 1877. They had the following children:
i. Samuel S (Twin) (1816-1877)
ii. Adeline (Twin) (1818-1900)
iii. Wilson C (Died as Child) (1820-1827)
iv. Elizabeth (1822-1877)
v. James W (1825-1877)
vi. Silas G (1827-<1877)
vii. Reuben Webster (1829-1905)
viii. Mary Jane (1833-1888)
© 2008, Kathy Alvis Patterson
 Lineage application of Katherine Alvis Patterson, national no. 554801, National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, supplemental (Samuel Webster), “Add” volume 810, approved 1999.
 Samuel Webster, will (1823), Franklin Co VA, Will Book, p 606. Inventory in Book 3. Also, Family data, Greensville P. Turner Bible; original owned in 1984 by Col. Robert G. Turner (400 Eastview Terrace SW, Blacksburg VA 24060). The Bible gives the date of death as 15 Apr 1824.
 “Biographical Sketch of Samuel B. Webster,” from The Illustrated Atlas, State of Indiana, 1874.
 Bible records, as cited above. Susannah is mentioned in her father’s will: Henry Bagby, will (1790), Powhatan Co VA, Will Book 1, page 186, Powhatan CoCo VA. Mentioned in Will: John Bagbey, Daniel Bagbey, James Bagbey, Henry Bagbey, Sarah Webster, Susannah Webster, Theordosha Flowers, and Rebeccah Johnson.
 This patriotic service qualified any of his descendants for membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution or the Sons Daughters of the American Revolution.