Nathaniel Webster was born 29 Nov 1714 in Richmond VA, son of Aaron and Elizabeth Webster. He died before 19 Jan 1801 in Goochland Co VA.
He married, first, before Feb 1739, Richmond VA, Margaret Powell. He married, second, 19 Jul 1756, Goochland Co VA, Margaret Steele. And he married, third, about 27 Aug 1783, in Goochland Co VA, Mary Moore.
Margaret Powell was born ca 1717 in VA and died in 1754 in Goochland Co VA. She was a daughter of Roger Powell, who came to Virginia in 1703.
Nathaniel Webster has been affirmed as a Revolutionary War Patriot by the Daughters of the American Revolution; he “furnished wheat as reported in VA Publick Claims-Goochland Co VA as reflected by three certificates:
· 3 1/2 bu. wheat pr cert. Nathl Webster 15s-9 State;
· 10 bu. wheat & carriage cert. of Nathl Webster 2 pound-6-3) State;
· 3 bu. wheat & carriage cert. of Nathl Webster 14s State
He lived in Goochland County before and after the Revolutionary War as seen by 1) Deed to Nathaniel Webster, dated 18 Feb 179[cropped from record copy], Goochland Co VA; 2) will of Nathaniel Webster, dated 9 Jul 1798, Goochland Co VA.
Nathaniel Webster left a will which names his children. The children with his first wife, Margaret Powell, were:
1. Elizabeth WEBSTER. Born possibly ca 1738. Elizabeth died before 1800. On 6 Jun 1758, she married William LIGGE in Goochland Co VA.
2. Nancy Ann WEBSTER. Born on 19 Feb 1740 in Richmond Co VA. Nancy Ann died in Owen Co KY, before 20 Dec 1823. On 13 Mar 1761, she married James MADDOX in Goochland Co VA. Born ca 1732 in Goochland Co VA. James died in Gallatin Co KY, before 22 Sep 1806. They had the following children:
v. Jacob (1764-)
vi. Samuel (1774-)
3. John WEBSTER. Born in 1743 in Richmond Co VA. On 26 Aug 1762, he married Ann NOWLIN, daughter of Stephen NOWLIN & Mary PERKINS, in Goochland Co VA. Born in 1748 in St. James Northam Parish, Goochland Co VA. Ann died in Franklin Co VA, in 1827. They had the following children:
i. Sarah (1763-)
ii. Jacob (1767-)
iii. James (1769-)
iv. John Robin (~1769-)
v. David (1770-)
vi. Permelia (1774-)
vii. Elizabeth (1775-)
viii. Martha (1778-)
ix. Nancy (1781-)
x. George (1783-)
4. Luke WEBSTER. Born in 1746 in Goochland Co VA. Luke died in 1817. On 17 Nov 1772, he married Sarah BAGBY, daughter of Henry BAGBY & Susannah –?—and sister of his brother Samuel’s wife Susannah. Born on 3 Dec 1748. They had the following children:
i. John Bagby (1772-1833)
ii. Rebecca J (ca1765-)
iii. Henry (1775-1854)
iv. Lucy (1775-)
v. Sally Ann (1777-1845)
vi. Margaret (1778-)
vii. Dosha (1783-)
viii. Jesse B (1787-)
ix. David (1790-)
x. Luke (1794-)
5. Samuel WEBSTER. Born on 10 Apr 1749 in Goochland Co VA. Samuel died in Franklin Co VA, on 24 Jan 1823. In 1770, he married Susannah BAGBY, daughter of Henry BAGBY & Susannah –?–, in Powhatan Co VA. Born on 3 Nov 1750 in Powhatan Co VA. Susannah died in Franklin Co VA, on 12 Oct 1823. They had the following children:
i. Susannah (1771-)
ii. Nancy (1773-)
iii. Jane (1775-)
iv. Samuel Bagby (1777-1836)
v. Elizabeth (1779-)
vi. Daniel Bagby (1782-1859)
vii. James (1785-1850)
viii. William Charles (1788-)
ix. Mary (1791-)
x. Reuben (1792-1857)
xi. Deborah (1796-1836)
7. David WEBSTER. Born on 10 Apr 1751 in Goochland Co VA. David died in Goochland Co VA, on 15 Dec 1834. On 10 Apr 1770, he married Judith CARTER in Goochland Co VA. Born in 1755 in Goochland Co VA. Judith died aft 1832. They had the following children:
i. Elizabeth (1774-)
ii. Carter (1776-<1832)
iii. John (->1832)
iv. William (->1832)
8. Sarah WEBSTER. Born possibly ca 1754 in Goochland Co VA. On 10 Mar 1776, she married James A NOWLIN, son of David NOWLIN & Mary FERGUSON and nephew of her brother John’s wife, in Goochland Co VA. Born ca 1754 in St James Northam Parish, Goochland Co VA. James A died in Buckingham Co VA, ca 1809. They had the following children:
i. Samuel (1777-)
ii. Ann (1781-)
iii. David (ca1780-)
The children of Nathaniel and his second wife, Margaret Steele, were:
9. Jacob WEBSTER. Born on 19 Jul 1756 in Goochland Co VA. Jacob died in Gallatin Co KY, before 1820. On 25 Oct 1793, he married Margaret Ann MADDOX in Goochland Co VA. Born in 1770 in Goochland Co VA. Margaret Ann died in Owen Co KY, after 1850. They had the following children:
i. Lucy (ca1800-)
ii. James (ca1801-)
iii. Mary (1806-)
iv. Nancy Ann (1811-)
10. Aggie WEBSTER. Born on 22 May 1760 in Goochland Co VA. On 10 Dec 1782 when Aggie was 22, she married William WOODRUM in Goochland Co VA. Born in 1756 in VA.
© 2009, Kathy Alvis Patterson
 Lineage application of Katherine Alvis Patterson, national no. 554801, National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, supplemental (Nathaniel Webster), “Add” volume 944, approved 4 Apr 2008. Also, DAR Lineage paper, supplemental, dated 16 Jan 2004, Nat’l No. 778109.
 Margaret’s father, Roger Powell, will (1739), Goochland Co VA. Know all men by these presents that I Roger Powell of the County of Goochland for and ___ of the love and affection for which I have for my son-in-law Nathaniel webster consciously and voluntarily give and grant unto the said Nathaniel Webster one parcel of land containing eighty acres to be laid off ___ adjoining to the line of John Maddox in the county aforesaid & being on the North County of the tract of land I now live on and part of the same ___ to have and to hold ___ with all appurtenances and privileges the aforementioned 80 acres of land the same is granted by patent unto him, the said Nathaniel Webster and his heirs for ever. Eighteenth day of February year of our Lord 1739. Roger Powell. witnesses Carlton Woodson, Joseph Hughes, Stephen Somfore (?), Wm Palmer.
 Douglas Register.
 Marriage intention, Nathaniel Webster and Mary Moore, 22 Aug 1983, Goochland Co VA.
 VA Publick Claims-Goochland Co VA, Vol. II, p 408, compiled and transcribed by Janice L Abercrombie and Richard Slatten, pages 20 & 21.
 NSDAR applications cited above.
 Nathaniel Webster, will (1801) Goochland Co VA.
 Ann was a sister of my ancestor in a different line, David Nowlin or Knolling.