Ebenezer Brooks Jr was born 24 Mar 1701/02, in Springfield, Hampden Co MA, a son of Ebenezer and Elizabeth (Belden) Brooks. In 1704 the baby and his parents escaped injury when they hid in a cellar during the Deerfield raid of that year, in which his aunt, cousins and other relatives were taken captive or killed by Indians.
By 1730, Ebenezer had moved to Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT by the time he married Jane St John there on 27 Aug 1730.
Jane St John was born in Norwalk, Fairfield Co CT in 1705 and died in Ridgefield in 1773; she was a daughter of Samuel and Rebecca (Olmstead) St John.
Baptisms are recorded for the children of Ebenezer and Jane (St John) Brooks, as is the death of Jane. This writer does not know the date of Ebenezer’s death.
The children were:
1. Ebenezer BROOKS. Born on 6 Jul 1731 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT. He enlisted on 8 Apr 1758 and died during the French and Indian War in 1760. On 24 May 1753 when Ebenezer was 21, he married Elizabeth LODER, daughter of John LODER & Elizabeth –?–, in Salem, Westchester Co NY. Born on 29 Jun 1733 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT. Elizabeth died in Salem, Westchester Co NY, on 26 Nov 1778. They had the following children:
i. Michael (say 1755->1820)
ii. John (1753-1846)
iii. Ebenezer (<1758-)
iv. Johanna (1757-1840)
v. Daniel (1755-)
vi. Mary (1760-1868)
2. Jane BROOKS. Born on 8 Apr 1733 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT. On 13 Aug 1752 when Jane was 19, she married Jabez TUTTLE in Salem, Westchester Co NY. They had the following known children:
i. Aaron (1753-)
ii. Abner (1756-)
3. Mary BROOKS. Born on 14 Sep 1735 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT.
4. Elizabeth BROOKS. Born on 18 Jul 1737 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT. On 5 Apr 1750 when Elizabeth was 12, she married Daniel JACKSON in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT. Born on 22 Feb 1734/35 in Woodbury, Litchfield Co CT. Daniel died in Manchester, Ontario Co NY, on 11 Nov 1823. One known son was Jonathan Jackson, born ca 1750, died 18 Apr 1781, York Co VA at Battle of Yorktown, drowned crossing the James River.
5. Samuel BROOKS. Born on 10 May 1739 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT.
6. Daniel BROOKS. Born on 26 Mar 1741 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT. On 9 Nov 1767 when Daniel was 26, he married Abigail WEBSTER in Salem, Westchester Co NY.
7. Rebekah BROOKS. Born on 16 Dec 1742 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT.
8. Joseph BROOKS. Born on 21 May 1745 in Ridgefield, Fairfield Co CT.
9. Abigail BROOKS. Born in say 1746. On 6 Sep 1766 when Abigail was 20, she married Nehemiah STEBBINS in Salem, Westchester Co NY.
© 2009, Kathy Alvis Patterson
 J[esse] Montgomery Seaver , Brooks Family Records, American Historical-Genealogical Society, 1929.
 Evan Haefeli and Kevin Sweeney, Captors and Captives: The 1704 French and Indian Raid on Deerfield, Amherst MA: University of Massachusetts Press, 2003, page 116.
 Ancestry.com. The history of Ridgefield, Connecticut [database on-line]. Provo, UT: The Generations Network, Inc., 2005. Original data: Rockwell, George Lounsbury,. The history of Ridgefield, Connecticut. Ridgefield, Conn.: Privately printed by the author, 1927, pp 459, 460, 461, 462, 464, 465, 511, 515, 516.
 I regret that I have never been able to visit Fairfield Co CT and look for land and other civil records for Ebenezer Brooks—maybe someday.
 The children’s births and some marriages are in History of Ridgefield, CT, op cit. Additional marriages and deaths have not been located.
 New York Muster Rolls of New York Provincial Troops. 1755-1764. Published by the New York Historical Society. 1897, introduction by Edward F De Lancey, at http://french-indian.morrisonspensions.org/appen-1.pdf. On pages 100 and 530, “Names of Deceased Soldiers, 1756 to 1762. Whose heirs received the pay due them at the time of their death. (From the Commissariat Accounts of John Cruger, Beverly Robinson and Peter Van Brugh Livingston.)” http://188.8.131.52/search?q=cache:TW0QY7H9aKgJ:french-indian.morrisonspensions.org/appen-1.pdf+%22Ebenezer+Brooks%22+westchester&cd=12&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&lr=lang_en|lang_es&client=safari:. Also, on page 326, enlisted 25 Apr 1758 in the Westchester County, age 28. < http://french-indian.morrisonspensions.org/nyprov-4.pdf>.